We are always excited about meeting new patients during their first visit to our office!
This all-important first appointment gives us insight into your orthodontic needs. It consists of a thorough examination and a discussion of potential treatment options. We know your time is valuable, so we make our diagnostic records at this visit, as well. The records may include X-rays, photos and impressions and are necessary to develop the appropriate plan for you. Not only will these records contribute to a more thorough exam, they will expedite your diagnosis and any possible treatment. This appointment will last about one hour.
During the initial examination for each patient, we will address the following questions that cover the basics of orthodontic treatment. We encourage you to bring a list of your own questions also.
- Is there a condition that orthodontics can address?
- If so, is treatment needed now, or should treatment be delayed until appropriate growth, tooth eruption, or other factors have occurred?
- What treatment procedures will be used to correct the problem?
- Do any permanent teeth need to be removed?
- How long will treatment take?
- How much will it cost?
- What are my payment options?
We can usually answer these general questions about treatment during the initial examination, and we will address other, more specific, areas after careful analysis of the diagnostic records. We feel it is important to analyze each patient's specific needs, because in-depth planning leads to superior results and higher patient satisfaction.
Depending on the complexity of your diagnosis, a separate consultation visit may or may not be necessary. We insist that our patients leave the office with a clear understanding of their specific needs, what the treatment will consist of, how long it will take, and how much it will cost.
Please assist us by providing the following information at the time of your first visit:
- Please completely fill out the appropriate forms listed below for your first visit. (If your are using Safari for Mac or Google Chrome browsers, please read our important notice below PRIOR to completing our online forms.)
- Adult New Patient Form - Submit Online | Download & Print
- Child New Patient Form - Submit Online | Download & Print
- Insurance Information Form - Download & Print Only
- If you have orthodontic insurance, bring your insurance card. This information along with the Insurance Information Form will enable us to consider all financial factors.
Please be prepared to discuss treatment options, time frames and specific financial options and arrangements.
Notice to Safari for Mac and Google Chrome Users: Our online forms are created to be used with Adobe Reader. However, if you are using Safari for Mac and Google Chrome as your browser it is best that you use our "Download & Print" option. These browsers are not compatible with Adobe Reader and will not submit your forms to our office properly. We apologize for this inconvenience.
These forms require Adobe Acrobat Reader to view. If you do not have Adobe Reader already installed on your computer, click the Adobe logo to download.